Skip to content

What documents do I need to apply for FLISP?

In addition to the FLISP application form, you will need the following documents:

  • Certified copies of identity documents (IDs).
  • Certified copies of dependents’ birth certificates.
  • Certified copy of marriage certificate/ Final order of divorce.
  • Original recent payslip/affidavit confirming unemployment/ proof of social grant.
  • Certified copy of the deed of sale / offer to purchase.
  • Certified copy of the bond approval / bond quotation.
  • Original/ certified copy of the statement of transfer cost from transferring attorney.

If your application is approved, the subsidy will be paid into your home loan account, or the trust account of your attorney, as soon as the title deed for the property is registered in your name.

Bear in mind that to apply for FLISP you need to meet the following criteria:

  • Your income must range between R3 501 and R22 000 per month.
  • You must be a South African citizen with permanent residency in South Africa.
  • You must not have received a government housing subsidy before.
  • You must be married or cohabiting OR single with financial dependents.
  • You must be over 18 years old.
  • You must not have owned a fixed residential property before.

You can apply for the subsidy through your bank, or with the assistance of an evo Home Loans consultant. We can submit the paperwork on your behalf, and keep you updated on the application process (which usually takes around 7 working days).